The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Number of posts : 33
Warnings :
Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-06

Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree Empty
PostSubject: Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree   Dundee student takes 20 years to gain degree EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 am

An art student is to graduate with a first class degree - 20 years after she started the course.

Sarah Griffiths, 37, began her interior environmental design course at Dundee University in 1990, but dropped out a year later.

The mother-of-one, from Broughty Ferry, came back to the university to restart the same degree in 2006 and completed it this year.

She said: "It's been really, really hard but it's definitely all worth it."

Ms Griffiths said she had tried several career paths after dropping out of Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design - part of Dundee University - but always wanted to go back.

She said: "I went to university straight after school but, for several reasons, it didn't feel quite right for me at that time.

"Perhaps I was too young, but I just wasn't confident that this was what I wanted to do."

The student, whose degree show project explored how the power of tea could be harnessed to create community spirit, was a Shiatsu therapist before her return to academic life.

"After leaving my course, I lived in Belgium briefly and then moved to Edinburgh.

"I've tried many different things over the years, but I never felt settled with any of them and I couldn't shake the regrets about leaving the course when I did."

Ms Griffiths will receive her first class honours degree at a ceremony at Caird Hall, watched by her 13-year-old daughter, mother, father and grandmother.

SEO Optimized
rift builds
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1