The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Number of posts : 33
Warnings :
Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-06

Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future Empty
PostSubject: Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future   Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 am

By Sarah Holt
BBC Sport at Yas Marina

Mercedes' Michael Schumacher

Schumacher needs 'time' on contract talks

Michael Schumacher has claimed he may not want to continue in Formula 1 beyond the end of his current Mercedes deal, which expires at the end of 2012.

His team-mate Nico Rosberg has signed a new contract to extend his own two-year stay with the German constructor.

"I need a little bit more time to see," said Schumacher ahead of Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

"It is sort of about myself and how we are heading and also some input to see if that is what I want or not."

German newspaper Sport Bild had reported that the seven-time world champion had agreed a one-year extension to continue at Mercedes until the end of 2013.
SCHUMACHER'S F1 TEAMS
Continue reading the main story

* 1991 Jordan
* 1991-1995 Benetton
* 1996-2006 Ferrari
* 2010-? Mercedes

But Schumacher, who returned to the grid for the 2010 season after giving up his seat at Ferrari at the end of 2006, insists that he has not decided to continue beyond the end of next season.

"According to some journalists, I have. The reality is no, because I told you already several times that this is not the time to talk about it," he added.

"Most important is do I feel it? Do I want it or not? That is something we will find out in the future. Not right now."

Schumacher approved of Mercedes' decision to extend Rosberg's deal, describing the extension as "most logical".

Rosberg switched to Mercedes at the end of the 2009 season from Williams.

The 26-year-old has failed to secure a podium finish this year, but is confident he can win races in a 'Silver Arrow'.

He said: "I have every confidence the team will provide me with a winning car. I am very excited to have extended my contract."

Nico is a driver who can win races and championships

Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn

Mercedes came fourth in last year's constructors' championship and are set to finish in the same position again this season.

They have not won a grand prix since taking over Brawn GP in 2009.

But Rosberg, currently ranked seventh in the drivers' world championship, maintains the team will be more competitive in the future.

He added: "To win in a Silver Arrow (the nickname of Mercedes' cars) will be one of the highlights of my life so far and I greatly enjoy helping to lead our team in our quest to become the best in Formula One.

"I am confident we will be able to contribute to the fantastic racing heritage of the Silver Arrows."

Team principal Ross Brawn believes Rosberg is capable of winning the the drivers' championship in the future.
Did you know?

* Rosberg became the youngest driver to set a fastest lap at the age of 20 years, 144 days at the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix

He claims Rosberg has over-achieved, given the limitations of the current Mercedes car.

Brawn said: "Nico is a driver who can win races and championships.

"He has performed exceptionally well for our Silver Arrows team over the past two seasons, achieving results at the very limit of the technical capabilities of our current car.

"As we continue to strengthen our team for the future, we look forward to providing Nico with a car which will enable him to compete right at the front of the field and achieve his deserved first win in Formula 1."

For the latest updates throughout the day follow Sportsday Live. Get involved on Twitter via the hashtag #bbcsportsday.

Business Plan Software
aftermarket auto parts
Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher 'needs more time' to decide on F1 future
Page 1 of 1