The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School Writing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Number of posts : 152
Humor : LOOK! A BUG!!!
Warnings :
School Writing Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5School Writing Right_bar_bleue

Mood : School Writing Devilish
Registration date : 2008-04-23

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: School Writing   School Writing EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 am

it's supposed to have no beginning and no end, just sort of like an excerpt. I'm not really that good at those. But, I tried. Its for my Creative Writing class.

Impromptu Writing

The very small, but smooth mound of earth sits there, undisturbed; while a man limps closer to it. He stares at it with a sigh; the flesh around his eye is slightly swollen and red, as if he had been in a recent fight. He bends down to set the lamp he is carrying onto the damp grass. “I did it again, Ria.” He let a group of daisies topple from his hand.

He begins to tease a few weeds from the area around the headstone. He grins, “If you could see me now. How ugly I’ve become, doing this.” He sweeps his hand in a circle, “Three down, Ria, only four more.” He dug a hand into the soil, sifting it through his fingers and rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. “Don’t worry; I’m taking care of the kids and their father.”

He placed the daisies, one by one and side by side, into the churned dirt. A frown covered his grin and he stood up, “Your husband likes to shake fists at the dirt and call for the world to give you back to him.” He shakes his head and pulls something out of his pocket. And, dropping it onto the headstone, turns around, “Kyle’s next.” He limps away again, his right foot landing heavily on the ground every other step. Behind on the stone, the small stone statue of a trout, jumping out of water, lay broken. The symbol of seven.

(Oh dear, the symbol of seven. I didn't realize I put that in there! It is the number of PS in Lost Days. Oops.)

Last edited by Mira on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edgar the Alien
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Edgar the Alien

Male
Number of posts : 102
Warnings :

Mood : School Writing Goofy
Color Ranks : School Writing Purpleteam
Registration date : 2008-06-05

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:55 pm

I like it. I often do writing like this when asked to free write for homework, and if I like it enough, continue on w/ it.
Back to top Go down
http://edgarthealien1.com
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am

Thank you. We had to have certain words in our writing. So I kinda threw in the statue cause I needed the word 'trout' in it. bom
Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:41 pm

I decided to name this "School Writing" So that I won't make a bunch of useless threads as I feel compelled to do. So, this is an UPDATE! Not like a double post... I hope.

We were doing Micro Fictions for my class. Micro Fictions are 250 words or less stories. I always went over and had to cut some stuff out. But, anyway. Here you go.

Forest Meeting

A lone rider on a large horse, cantered down a forest trail. Hoof beats resonated around them. She reined in her mount at a fork and murmured inaudibly to herself while the horse pranced about. She glanced down each path, then spurred her horse to a canter to the left. He had to be there. He promised.
After a while, they eased into a trot and the rider slipped off. Running with her mount, she slowed to a walk. She gripped the reins loosely and slipped off the path between trees.
Carefully selecting a path that her mount could follow, she pin-pointed a fallen tree, just feet off the ground and close by. Tying her mount to a tree, she turned to the log and glanced around again. He had to come.
She dropped to the ground when a branch snapped. On the other side of the log she saw four legs. Sighing, she got to her feet. A horse. Hearing another crack, she dropped to the ground again. The horse hadn’t moved.
After a moment of silence, standing tall, she whispered, “Papa?” An arrow whistled through the air, piercing her heart. Her shocked expression stared transfixed before she dropped to the ground, snapping the arrow beneath her.
A figure meandered slowly to the girl. Rays of sunlight illuminated the pale face of a woman. Staring scornfully at the girl, the woman rolled her over. “I thought you were smart.” She spat. “Of course, so did he.”
(249 Words)

Another one.

Double Crossed

Chocolate brown eyes stared at me. He had always been trustworthy, so why should I doubt him? He’s a liar, that’s why. “I need you. You need me.” I told him. “You don’t double-cross me, and I won’t hurt you.” Those were clear instructions to an extremely risky deal. He smiled lightly, “Agreed.” And we shook hands.
Now, in the parking lot, he’s gone. I did my part and have the goods. But now he’s gone. “Dammit!” I shout and dash the bag against the pavement. Lights begin to flash and cops surround me. The coward didn’t even show up with the police.
Leaving me with a phone, the guard tells me, “One phone call.” The words ring in my mind, just one. Who to call though? Names come and go until; finally, I smile, perfect. I hear it ringing on the other side after I dial his number. “Hello, this is Chris, May I ask who’s calling?”
“Hello, Chris,” I say sweetly, “How does it feel to be a double-crossing coward?” Silence, then, “Don’t call me, Sienna,” He said, sounding a bit panicky.
“I had just one phone call, Chris, and it took a long time to decide who to call. But then, your name became clear as day. I thought I’d let you know, you shouldn’t double-cross someone with my connections. Ever.”
Static ripples through the speaker while I wait. “Sienna, wait.”
“No, Chris, I don’t break promises. I’m going to make you hurt.”

(248 Words)
Back to top Go down
nature-elf
Ultima Forumer
Ultima Forumer
nature-elf

Female
Number of posts : 1127
Humor : I have no sense of humor. Didn't you know that?
Warnings :

Mood : School Writing Tired
Color Ranks : School Writing Yellowteamleader
Registration date : 2008-09-24

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 pm

You have a Creative Writing Class? Our school (and I our because Lighty's in the same school) doesn't have one. We do have Art, Music, and etc. extra activities. I should put that in the "suggestions" box if we had one in our school. Oh, and your stories are really good. Mine's seems drab in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, It's really at a community college that I take this class. I'm doing dual-enrollment. Except for the fact that I am homeschooled and not doing any classes at home, it's still considered dual-enrollment, which is stupid but.... Yeah.

Thank you. Smile I love writing these little stories. It's so fun.
Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 3:31 pm

This is my other Micro Fiction.

A First Impression

“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Daniel, Happy Birthday to you!” Noise makers and cheers follow the song. Daniel looked shocked, he had only just walked into the room and hadn’t known this was going to happen.
“How old are you Daniel?” Someone asked. A mumbled, “Twenty-four” escaped his lips.
Green confetti floated around the room as people kept popping off noise caps and throwing glitter into the air. A balloon strayed too close to the candle-lit cake, POP! Cheers and bursts of laughter followed. Daniel carefully made his way to the wall where the Boss stood. “Happy Birthday, Daniel,” The Boss grumbled.
Daniel stared blankly at the wall, “Thank you, Sir.” The Boss glared at him, “The entire office gets half a day off because of this.” Daniel nodded. Boss looked like he had more to say, but instead marched out of the room. No doubt he wanted at least some work done today.
Daniel looked at his co-workers. He’d better make this day the best day of his life, because the Boss would make the rest a living hell. There goes his chance for the best first impression.
Someone shoved a small party plate of cake into his hands, “Come on, Daniel! How great is it that your first day is your birthday?” Daniel smiled half heartedly. “Feels like the beginning.” They smiled at him and left to get their own cake. His smile disappeared, “The beginning of the end.”
Back to top Go down
nature-elf
Ultima Forumer
Ultima Forumer
nature-elf

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:57 pm

That is EXTREMELY good. Nice. Are you going to write the ending to it?
Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff
Mira

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:36 am

I don't think I'm going to write an ending. I can't stand this one, actually. :PI figured writing it for school made it worthy of existence. Just not my love, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystic_gohan
Green Team
Green Team

Number of posts : 49
Warnings :

Mood : School Writing Hungry10
Color Ranks : School Writing Greenteam
Registration date : 2009-03-13

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 am

it is very cool
Back to top Go down
nature-elf
Ultima Forumer
Ultima Forumer
nature-elf

Female
Warnings :

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Same with me, here. I can't really go on, after the first few words...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Writing Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Writing   School Writing Empty

Back to top Go down

School Writing
Page 1 of 1